ELLoquence® is a comprehensive digital curriculum for grades 6th-12th that blends high-tech instruction with hands-on, interactive activities that accelerates junior high and high school ESL/ELL students in becoming English proficient in one to two years.
With almost five million English Language Learners in the public education system, one of the biggest challenges that schools face is finding extensive, rigorous material written for students at varying levels of English proficiency. ELLoquence® was developed, designed, and vetted by our own teachers to provide a structure that gives their fellow professionals a strong level of support, making their jobs easier and more manageable. The result is more time with students and improved outcomes.
ELLoquence® allows students to become technologically literate and enables them to be competitive in the 21st Century workplace by fostering creative and critical thinking, problem-solving, communicating, and collaborating in their native language, as well as in English. Research has shown that students are more engaged when working with ELLoquence®; more engagement leads to better attendance, better completion rates, and better outcomes!
Boosts ELL's to Become English Proficient in One to Two Years
Prepares 6th-12th Grade Students for Mainstream Academics
Teachers Remain Teachers
Improves Reading, Writing, Listening, & Speaking
Interactive and Engaging
All Levels of ELL: Newcomers and Academic
Aligned to standards
ELLoquence® is designed to improve learning outcomes for secondary ELLs of all levels using Content Based Instruction (CBI), Communicative Language Teaching (CLT), and Blended instruction. Our robust solution reclassifies students quickly and with great success.
- Teaching ESL/ELLs through research-based, school-tested content.
- Rich academic, subject-specific vocabulary development.
- Using social studies, science, and English topics to teach English language acquisition.
- Collaborative interaction between ELL teachers and students.
- Emphasis on the four skills of reading, writing, listening, and speaking.
Our expert ESL Specialists serve as teacher mentors, offering 6 hours of professional development per teacher. This time is scheduled based on the needs of your school and teacher. We become an educational partner and stake-holder with your administrators, your teachers, and your students. Together we implement ELLoquence® into your current ESL/ELL classroom model. Our Teacher Mentors are available to answer questions, assist with content and lesson plans, as well as student monitoring.
For additional technical assistance, contact the Thesys Help Desk (6:00am-5:00pm PST):
Pre-Academic and Academic Courses
DataPoint Grade Center
- In our Data Points feature, grades are color-coded for at-a-glance monitoring.
- Granular grade tracking is based on assignment or assessment.
- Color coded percentages represent reading, writing, listening, and speaking outcomes by student.
- Teacher Mentors assist teachers by monitoring color changes and trends.
Dashboards for Administrators
- Administrators appreciate the efficiency to access overall reading, writing, listening, and speaking averages through our Dashboard.
- An administrator’s main goal is to be a top performing school; ourDashboard feature allows them to compare results each quarter.
- Our goal is to make sure each quarter looks better than the previous because seeing progression demonstrates the effectiveness of our products! That’s why our Teacher Mentors are proactively checking Data Points to help teachers achieve these goals.
Courses contain everything a teacher needs, including unit plans.
Our courses introduce each unit with an essential question to allow students to use critical thinking skills.
There are available audio and visual resources for Foundational Skills students.
Students practice English by engaging in thoughtful schema building and critical reading activities.
Students learn new content through academic readings, audio, and videos.
Students acquire academic vocabulary by reading and listening activities using key words.
Students demonstrate comprehension with auto-graded assessments.
Students have access to interactive discussion boards, allowing them to practice informal writing.
Example of English Proficiency Results
Students Improved One Full Level
Improved English Proficiency
ELLoquence measures English proficiency by assessing reading comprehension and vocabulary through our ESEPA test given three times a year to determine growth.
|Copper||Up to 20 licenses||$3,000|
|Bronze||Up to 40 licenses||$5,800|
|Silver||Up to 80 licenses||$11,200|
|Gold||Up to 100 licenses||$13,500|
|Platinum||101+ licenses||$130 per license|
Additional Licenses Add On = $195 per License
Student Volume Discounts Available
Electronic Version of Course Reader and Other Printable Materials
Access to content via Blackboard LMS
Unit Plans and Other Online Resources
Six Hours of Professional Development and Teacher Mentor Assistance
Please fill out our inquiry form or call to speak with a Thesys Education Consultant.