What is Blended Learning?
It is teaching and learning with technology, doing things that weren't previously possible. We provide a comprehensive solution so teachers don't have to do as much to put digital tools together themselves, thus enabling them to focus on teaching. It improves student achievement, engagement and attendance.
Blended learning defined by defined by the Innosight Institute, is when "a student learns at least in part through online learning, with some element of student control over time, place, path, and/or pace...at least in part in a supervised brick-and-mortar location away from home...
and the modalities along each student’s learning path within a course are connected to provide an integrated learning experience."
Boise State University asked our students "What did you like about your blended course from Thesys?" (2013/14). Their overall rating was 1.65 on iNACOL’s scale of quality measures for online/blended course (1 = Excellent/Best Practice to 5 = Confusing). Students said:
- "Mr. (Teacher Name) is awesome."
- "Easy, quick, simple."
- "It was really easy to use."
- "The course was easy to understand and assignments were interesting."
- "Mr. (Teacher Name) taught us all we needed to know without boring us."
- "I liked the abundance of helpful material the teacher posted online. I also liked the pace of the course."
- "The teacher taught the coursework and did not stray off topic or waste time."